Moving into Residence
Welcome to St. Thomas University Residence Life! We are so excited you have chosen to join our vibrant and diverse community for the academic year. Below you will find helpful information to ensure you have a smooth transition and move-in experience. If you have any questions along the way that are not answered below, please feel free to reach out to the Residence Life Office (email@example.com) and one of our professional staff members will be happy to help.
FALL 2023 MOVE-IN DATES
Move in Day for incoming 2023 STUdents will take place Friday, September 1. For information on other student groups move in days, please see below.
- Residence Coordinators: August 22
- Residence Advisors: August 24
- Athletes: August 22
- New international students: August 28-31
- House Committee & Welcome Leaders: August 29
- Ease Your Mind: August 31
- Indigenous Students: August 31
- Residence Opening Day 2023: September 1
- Harrington & Holy Cross: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Vanier: 11 AM - 4 PM
More details will be available as we get closer to September. If you have questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you arrive
Our move-in process is customized for each residence hall. Specifics for moving into your building—address, directions, and parking—will be shared closer to the date of move in. However, each student moving into our residence buildings will be expected to complete the following:
- Provide photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license) to collect keys upon arrival
- Carefully read and sign the Residence Agreement prior to arrival
- Complete check-in process with Residence Life staff on site, including a completed check-in form
In your room
Each room is furnished with a twin XL bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, and mini fridge. We encourage students to pack necessities and wait to purchase larger items, like additional storage bins, until arriving in Fredericton. Students who have a roommate are also encouraged to connect ahead of time to determine responsibility of shared items in the space.
Rights and Responsibilities
Please review the 2023-2024 Residence Guide and our Residence Agreement. It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a member of the residence community at St. Thomas University.