Course Registration Steps
First-year course registration opens
Tuesday, April 18 at 12 PM (Atlantic).
1. Check out What to Know Before Registration
- How long will it take to complete my Bachelor of Arts?
- When do semesters start and finish?
- What is a credit hour?
- What do course numbers and sections mean?
Discover the answers to these questions and more!
2. Browse the 2023-2024 Course Offerings
- Browse the entire list of courses available to you as a first-year student.
- Not sure what a particular course might be like?
Find out more by reading through the First-Year Course Descriptions.
3. Choose the courses you would like to take
- Choose five courses to take each semester (keep in mind that courses with course numbers that end in 6 are full-year, so you will take that course both semesters).
- Write them down by name, course number, course section, and time offered.
- Tip: begin your list with the courses that interest you most.
- Use this fillable Course Registration Worksheet to keep track of what courses you want to take (find a filled in sample here). Or, use the STU Self Service Scheduler online to schedule your classes and see them in a calendar before registering.
4. Build your Semester 1 and Semester 2 Schedule
- See our Sample First-Year Schedule to get an idea of how to use the worksheet.
- Use our this Fillable Blank First-Year Schedule to build your own first-year schedule.
5. Watch the First-Year Registration STU Self Service Video
- Follow this step-by-step "how-to" video that will show you exactly how to register for your first-year courses.
6. Log in to STU Self Service to register for your courses!
- Go to STU Self Service.
- Click “Log In.”
- Enter your User ID and Password. Click “Submit.”
- Click “Students.”
- Follow steps outlined in the video.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com