Information about Students Voting in 2021 Federal Election
The 2021 Federal Election is fast approaching, polling stations open Monday, September 20.
Here are some things to know:
- You must be a Canadian Citizen and be at least 18 years old to vote.
- Students will be able to vote for Fredericton Riding Candidates should they choose.
- Proof of Residence is required, this can be your residence acceptance letter, a note from the Residence Life Office, and one additional piece of ID with your name and date of birth listed (like your Medicare Card).
- Polling location for St. Thomas University Upper Campus (Harrington and Holy Cross) is the WU Center.
- Polling location for St. Thomas University Lower Campus (Rigby) is Forest Hill United Church, 45 Kimble Court.
- Any questions as to where to vote for those students living elsewhere off campus, please go to elections.ca and see “Where to Vote" and enter in your postal code.
- Further information is available at the Get Out The Vote table in Sir James Dunn Hall by the Black Box Theatre.
For any student who voted by Mail-in Ballot/Special Ballot, those ballots need to be returned to Ottawa. It is very important that these be returned and postmarked on or before Sept. 20. If they have a Sept. 21 postmark, you risk that your ballot will be spoiled.