Facilities Management reports to the Vice President (Finance and Administration) and its primary responsibilities include providing strategic direction and leadership for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the university’s physical facilities. The Department oversees the delivery of related services (internal or contracted), including grounds maintenance, parking, mail services, custodial services, and purchasing.
In the event of a crisis or campus closure affecting UNB or STU, Campus Security will notify you through a new mass notification system called STU Safe.
Please click to the STU Safe Portal to update your information and contact preferences by using your STU login and password. The information you provide will not be used for any other purpose other than a safety alert, crisis, campus closure or system test.
Policies, Regulations, and Protocols
St.Thomas Parking Regulations
Emergency Procedures Booklet
Terms of Reference
Wireless Devices (Cell and Smart Phones) Policy
Security Camera Policy
To ensure a safe and secure environment, the University uses security cameras at locations on campus. The Security Camera Policy outlines parameters for the use of these cameras.
Dorm Burn Video
The Fredericton Fire Department, University of New Brunswick, St. Thomas University and the New Brunswick Community College joined forces for a very important fire safety educational activity. Fire is a serious concern for the campus community, as well as the greater Fredericton Community, and homes are where citizens and students are most vulnerable. In fact, more than 80 percent of all fire deaths occur at home. To help students and residents understand how dangerous home fires are and to inform them of the steps they can take to stay safer, this dramatic side-by-side fire and sprinkler burn demonstration took place at the Fredericton Campus of the University of New Brunswick.
- Plans and executes preventative and deferred maintenance on campus structures, grounds and equipment. For necessary repairs to a classroom or office, please contact email@example.com. In the event of a building repair emergency, please contact UNB Security at (506) 453-4830.
- Supervises the unit’s maintenance crew
- Plans and supervises work by contracted services (i.e., custodial services)
- Operates the MPC (Work Order) System (as it relates to the computerized maintenance module associated with UNB Physical Plant)
- Acts as the university’s central purchasing unit for equipment, supplies, major repairs, capital expenditures and other items
- Prepares the annual budget
- Operates the Datatel Systems (as it relates to budget and purchasing in cooperation with the Financial Services Department)
- Maintains an office supply stores (inventory)
- Acts as a mail service for the University. Activities include: reception and distribution of inbound mail and central parcel pick up for items arriving via courier service (University and residences). University related outbound mail is collected, postage attached, coded and shipped
- Coordinates security issues with the UNB Security unit (security patrols, back up etc.)
- Coordinates security issues with the St. Thomas campus/student security (parking, general security)
- Participates in the Development of policies and regulations relating to Work Place Health and Safety initiatives
- Participates in the development of policies and regulations relating to emergency protocols
- Maintains the central key depot for the University
- Advises the administration on the effective use of space on campus
- Assists with spring and summer convocations
- Cooperates/collaborates with other departments as required
Philip Cliff, Director
Dave Dunbar, Facilities Supervisor
Ferne Stewart, Office Coordinator/Purchaser
Dean Little, Carpenter
Evan Banks, Labourer
Edmund Casey Hall, Room 18
51 Dineen Drive
Fredericton, NB, E3B 5G3