Why should you take notes?
- The information delivered in class will be what's used to generate questions for tests
- They're giving you the answers to any question you might be asked, so WRITE. IT. DOWN.
- Taking notes, which is how you obtain information through lectures, is the first stage in the learning process
- You can’t further your understanding of a concept if you’re not acquiring that concept at all
- How do you study if you have no physical material to review?
- Recording lecture material not only helps you maintain focus in class, but the act of physically writing down information helps you remember it
The Cornell note taking system is an efficient method of capturing lecture material and sets you on the path for exam preparation.
Peak Lecture Performance
Learn some helpful tips and strategies to maximize the effectiveness of your notes.