Harassment and Discrimination Policy
St. Thomas University is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and secure work and study environment for all employees and students, and in which all employees and students are protected from harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation.
The following policies have been developed to help the University fulfill this commitment:
The resources outlined below have been put in place to help support university policies and processes related to harassment, discrimination, and violence. Each resource has a distinct focus, so employees and students are encouraged to review the Primary Responsibilities section for each to help determine who best to contact.
A “Quick Reference Guide ” has also been created to help employees and students navigate the Harassment and Discrimination Policy.
Harassment and Discrimination Policy Administrator
- To receive, review, and process complaints of harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation.
- To facilitate informal resolution processes.
- To act as a mediator to resolve complaints.
- To investigate cases of alleged harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation.
Harassment and Discrimination Officers
Primary Responsibility – To provide guidance to employees and students on matters related to harassment and discrimination that fall under the Policy.
Deans and Administrative Directors
Primary Responsibility – To provide guidance to employees and students within their scope of responsibility regarding resources and support services provided under the Policy.
Director of Human Resources
Primary Responsibility – To be a resource to all stakeholders within the scope of the Policy.
Other Available Resources for Students
Harassment and Discrimination Resources for Students
The resources listed below are specifically designed to answer questions related to filing a complaint of harassment and/or discrimination.
- Harassment and Discrimination Policy Administrator (HDPA): Contact HR Atlantic by phone (506) 452-9114 or by email email@example.com
- Complaint Procedure Flowchart
- Harassment and Discrimination Reporting Form