What is STU Connects?
STU Connects matches alumni with students and recent grads for a career inspiring coffee.
Take an hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from St. Thomas University, create an opportunity to learn, share and answer questions.
Start building your network now - you’re invited - see HERE.
Here’s what you can expect...
Are you a STU Student? Join this network to:
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of STU alumni based on their industry and interests
As a STU student, you have access to alumni and industry partners with valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build your network is now. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
STU Connects is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, STU Connects introduces you to alumni and other students based on your specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
How does STU Connects work?
- You’ll receive monthly introductions each year to alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your preferred inbox, schedule a time, and get an invite directly to your gmail/outlook
How do I join?
The easiest and quickest way to gain access is to sign-up using your STU email address HERE!
Melissa Vienneau, Psychology student:
“Meeting with Kimberly Nash-McKinley, a STU alumna, through STU Connects was such an immense privilege. She was incredibly insightful and kind; it was such a great experience to sit down with her and be able to receive advice and guidance for my future career goals. I was able to get a better grasp of what my interests could lead to, and share ideas on what I can be involved with now during my studies here at STU!”